About LoCa and Harrit & Sørensen design
Simple & functional design in good materials
The history started in 1992 when Thorkild Lundsgaard, owner of LoCa, decided to create an attractive and simple coat rack in his garage, and made the first KNAX prototyp.
- The KNAX coat rack has been manufactured since 1995
- LoCa also produces mirrors, hall stands, coat hangers, hat and shoe racks
- Design: Harrit & Sørensen A/S
- Production is located in Tureby, Denmark, and LoCa currently employs about 10 people
- The coat rack's springs have been tested 500 000 times at Teknologisk Institut without braking
"A new classic design icon", jounalist Lisbeth Tolstrup, Jyllands-Posten.
About the Designers - Harrit & Sørensen A/S
Thomas Harrit & Nicolai Sørensen
Formland Design Award 1995
In 1995 Thorkild introduced the KNAX coat rack to the public at a trade fair in Herning, Denmark. He was very happy to go home as the Formland Award winner. This award is presented to the most innovative design of the year. This was further motivation for Thorkild to carry on with his entrepreunarial dream.
By: Jacob Nielsen